Montmorency County Clerk
12265 M-32, P.O. Box 789
Atlanta, MI 49709
- Genealogy Research Hours: Tuesday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Identification Requirements: Fill out requested sheet for births.
- Certified Copy⁄Additional: $8.00⁄$4.00
- Other Copy Fees: n⁄a
- Comments: Genealogists must call ahead to make sure assistance will be available. Space allows for one genealogist at one time. No children are allowed.
Births: 1881 to present. Fill out requested affidavit. Birth records are available only to the individual named on the birth record (registrant), the parents of the registrant, a legal guardian of the registrant, a legal representative of the registrant or an heir of the registrant. An heir is defined as any relative of a deceased individual. Heirs must supply the date and place of death of the registrant when requesting a copy.This policy is in accordance with MCL 333.2882.
- Deaths: 1881 to present
- Marriages: 1881 to present
- Divorces: 1881 to present
- Out-of-County Death Index: 1934 to present. Genealogists may search index to locate the county of death for a person.
- Other: For additional local and state government records with potential genealogical value, see the Archival Circulars for records maintained at the Archives of Michigan.
NOTE: Please call before visiting or mailing fees to confirm hours and other specifics. This information is current to July 2002. If you find differences between the information here and the practices or holdings of the County Clerk's office, please ask the Clerk to inform the Archives of Michigan about needed revisions.
Anne Norlander, Calhoun County Clerk-Register, and Toni Fritz, the Clerk-Register's Administrative Assistant, conducted a survey of offices in 1993 in order to make this information available to the public. Calhoun County printed the 1994 Michigan County Clerks Genealogy Directory, prepared as a product of this inventory. The Archives of Michigan revised this on-line edition of the directory in 2001.