Vital Records

Menominee County Clerk
839 10th Avenue
Menominee, MI 49858
Phone: 906-863-9968
Fax: 906-863-8839



Access to Military Service and Pension Records
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the official repository for records of military personnel who have been discharged from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard.
Paper copies of military service and pension records can be ordered by mail from the facility which holds the records:
The National Archives Building in Washington, D.C.
The National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, MO

Below is a list of the military service records located at the National Archives Building in Washington, D.C.  To order military service records, use NATF Form 86. To order military pension records, use NATF Form 85.


Branch of Service


Regular Army


Marine Corps

Coast Guard

Confederate States 

Veterans Records

For more information about military records, go to NARA's genealogy page.

Later military service records are in the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri.  The National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR) is the repository of millions of military personnel, health, and medical records of discharged and deceased veterans of all services during the 20th century. NPRC (MPR) also stores medical treatment records of retirees from all services, as well as records for dependent and other persons treated at naval medical facilities. Information from the records is made available upon written request (with signature and date) to the extent allowed by law.

Access to military service records is limited. See Services for Veterans, Next-of-Kin, or the Veteran's Representative for more information.

To order records, use Standard Form 180.

Michigan State Vital Records
Michigan Dept of Community Health
3423 N. Martin Luther King Blvd
P.O. Box 30721
Lansing, Michigan 48909
(517) 335-8666

Previous  |  Next ]     [ Up  |  First  |  Last ]     (Article 181 of 182)