Before you send a "Lookup Request" or post a "Query" to anyone please read Internet Genealogy by Bettie Cummings Cook, CG.
Please abide by these guidelines. Limit your request to one name per request. Please put LEA COUNTY LOOKUP in the subject line of your request to insure the message is not overlooked or accidentally deleted. In the first line of the message please put the name of the book from which you are requesting the lookup. Show the Surname in capital letters and a First name or initial is a must. A date and location should also be shown.
- I will look up mariage dates in my Lea county database. I would need from the researcher is the name of the Bride and Groom and the researches name and location. David Minton.
- I will do a lookup for Obituaries in the Lovington or Hobbs, NM newspapers. Show "Lea County Obit Lookup" in the subject box for this request. The month, day of death, year of death and full name of the deceased in the body of the e-mail must be shown and only one name per request as required by the USGenWeb Policy on Lookups. The obituaries are not indexed. David Minton.
- I will do a lookup in the 1934 NM Brand Book. Show Brand Lookup in the subject box and e-mail David Minton.
- Then and Now - Lea County Families, and The Rugged Trail: Vol 2 and 3 (Baker Genealogy) contact Julie Clayton.
- I have a survey for the following Lea County Cemeteries: King, Old Plainview, Antioch Baptist, Monument, Knowles, Murphy Chapel, Old New Hope and Cooper Cemetery in Jal, New Mexico. I will do a Lookup in the above cemeteries. Belva Wiggins Whitfield.
- Researching the Gurule surname? Check out the web site at http:⁄⁄www.GuruleFamily.Org. Also, will do lookups in "The Place Names of New Mexico"by Robert Julyan, 1998. Angela Lewis.