Click on either of the logos above to visit the project web site.
How the MTGenWeb Started
In June, 1996, a group of genealogists organized the Indiana Comprehensive Genealogy Database. The idea was to provide a single entry point for all counties in Kentucky, where collected databases would be indexed and cross-linked, so that even if an individual were found in more that one county, they could be located in the index. At the same time, some volunteers were found who were willing to coordinate the collection of databases and generally oversee the contents of the web page. Eventually, this was expanded to all states and all counties across the US.
Look Up and Research Request
I am unable to do your personal research. I do not live in Gallatin county or in Montana and I do not have access to additional records. If you do not see the information you are seeking in this site, I do not have it as everything I have is posted in this site.
My name is Joe Markovich and I am the coordinator for the Gallatin county Montana website. Submittals of historical documents, photos and just about anything else genealogical related are always welcome for publication in this website.
I am also the coordinator for the MTGenWeb Mineral county website. To volunteer to host a Montana county, please contact the MTGenWeb state cordinator Shirley Cullum.
Enter the appropriate search text in the box below
- Site navigation is through the tree on the left hand of the screen.
- The tree is arranged by topics and sub-topics, as in an outline.
- Sub-topics are accessible by clicking on any topic that has a "+" sign next to it.
- The graphic below shows the Biographies (inactive) data topic in this website expanded by clicking on the "+" sign next to the Biographies data topic.
- There also is a Navigation Panel located in the center at the bottom of each page. The Navigation Panel enables the viewing of the first or last page of the Mercer site or to step thru the site one page at a time. The Navigation Panel (inactive) graphic is shown below.
The Gallatin County Website last updated Sat Dec-15-2018 13:12