Descendants of Richard Trownsell
Richard TROWNSELL, b. Ireland, about 1837. In the 1880 census for Fairport, Delta Co., Michigan, he said his parents were both born in Ireland and his occupation was a farmer. He was naturalized in Delta Co., Michigan, vol. 20 p. 79. (I have written the Michigan Archives for a copy). His wife, Mary was born about 1835 in Ireland and her parents were both born in Ireland. The index for the Michigan death records from 1867 to 1897 are available online. I found no death record for Richard or Mary in the index so they either died after 1897 or died in another state. Children based upon the 1880 census:
- Charles T. TROWNSELL, b. about 1863 in Canada (he lived in Schoolcraft Co., MI)
- William TROWNSELL, b. about 1866 in Michigan, he moved to WI then Washington State
- Richard TROWNSELL, b. about 1870 in Michigan (see below)
- Maria⁄Marria TROWNSELL, b. about 1878 in Michigan
- Richard TROWNSELL was born July 1869 in Michigan according to the 1900 census for Dickinson Co., Michigan. He was 30. He reported that
his parents were both born in Ireland. He was a miner. His wife, Hilma was born Nov. 1875 in Sweden. Both her parents were born in Sweden. She was 24 and they had been married 5 years. The birth dates for their children were taken from the census. In 1910 Richard T. and Hilma
TROWNSELL were still living in Dickinson Co., Michigan. They had been married 15 years (so probably married early in 1895). He was a minor in
the iron mines. She had had 7 children, six were still living. In the 1920 census Hilma is listed as head of household and married, but Richard is not there. Her age is 44. Living with her are Mamie 15, Harold 13, Stanley 11, Sidney 9 and Leslie (son) 2 all born in Michigan. Is it possible that Richard was serving in the military?
- Ann M.⁄Martha TROWNSELL b. Dec 1895 in Michigan
- Thomas R.⁄Theodore TROWNSELL b. Aug 1897 in Michigan. In 1920 Theodore was living in a boarding house in Racine, Wisconsin. He was 22 and a Machinist at an automobile co.
- Charles W. TROWNSELL b. Dec. 1899 in Michigan (He is no longer in the census and may have been the child who died before 1910).
- Gertrude TROWNSELL b. 1902 in Michigan
- Mayme TROWNSELL b. 1905 in Michigan. Mayme m. Lawrence McKevitt b. NY. He was an accountant at a Rubber Co. They were living in Chicago in 1930. Brothers Harold and Stanley were living with them. Lawrence was 31, Mayme 25, Harold 23, and Stanley 21.
Harold was a supervisor at a auto manufacturing co. and Stanley was a radio salesman.
- Harold TROWNSELL b. 6 Jun 1906⁄07 in Michigan died Mar 1975 in Elmwood, Park, Cook Co., Illinois.
- Stanley TROWNSELL b. 28 Oct 1910 in Michigan died Dec. 1982 in Addison, DuPage Co., Illinois.
- Sidney TROWNSELL b. 1911 in Michigan
- Leslie TROWNSELL b. 1918 in Michigan